Problems after upgrading to Redhat 4.2. Any ideas?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Problems after upgrading to Redhat 4.2. Any ideas?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:40:53 -0500 ()

I upgraded to redhat 4.2 from redhat 4.1.

The first problem was in the dynamic library usage.  Error was "cant find
libBLT.so.   Fortunately, Sven taught me enough to know to
look in /etc/ld.so.conf, and add directories, and then run ldconfig again.
It seems like bad news that the redhat upgrade wiped out the old ld
settings, but I still don't have a good idea of all that was changed.

Now heatbugs runs again, BUT it is weird.  The contol panels show up when
I start the program, but there is no 2D graphs.  When I hit "GO", there is
a two second lag before the display of the 2D graph of bugs shows up. It
seems like the simulation must have been running during the 2 second lag.
I have to hit the "STOP" button twice--well, I hit it once, the thing does
not stop, and I hit it harder--to make it stop.

I don't remember it being that way before upgrading Redhat. I thought the
graph showed from the very start of the program, didn't it?  Don't you
folks see a graph before you hit "GO"?  I've got the same strange thing in
Mousetrap. By the time the graph shows up, almost all traps are sprung.

I'm guessing there is some easy fix for this, such as stand on your head
when you type ./heatbugs or such.

Paul E. Johnson                           address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science                Office: (913) 864-9086
University of Kansas                      FAX: (913) 864-5700
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                    Home: (913) 842-9916