Binary Swarm Users: Show me your Makefiles!

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Binary Swarm Users: Show me your Makefiles!
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 11:10:22 -0500 ()

I've been reading this list for a few months and realized last week that
I'd not heard from anyone who succeeded with a binary install.  That could
mean that 1) no one succeeded, or 2) its so damn easy that nobody asks
about problems.  I've looked at the README in the Swarm distribution and
have to admit I do not understand the directions well enough to explain
the procedure to a new user. (I did an archive install.)

IF you made it work, I'd like to see your Makefile settings. I also need
to know what environment variables you created.  If you changed any
symbolic links, updated ldconfig, or ANYTHING, please let me know.

I will collect up different answers and make them available so new users
have an easy installation path.  I wish we had at least one example from
each platform, but, I know that is asking a lot.

Paul E. Johnson                           address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science                Office: (913) 864-9086
University of Kansas                      FAX: (913) 864-5700
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                    Home: (913) 842-9916