Re: cranky compiler : error messages.

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: cranky compiler : error messages.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:12:51 -0400 (EDT)

"Internal compiler error" generally means "bug in the compiler".  In this
case though, it sounds like ld (the linker) is crashing.  You shouldn't
bother trying to run the program until you get this problem fixed.  gdb
isn't going to help you here, either.  I'd ifirst try reinstalling gcc from
scratch; if that doesn't work, try reinstalling your complete Linux setup
or whatever you're using.  Basically, something (not swarm) isn't set up
right.  Hope that helps. -Ted

--
Ted Belding                               address@hidden
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems