Re: NEXT objC book moved!

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: NEXT objC book moved!
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:03:47 -0500

At 09:01 AM 9/23/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Sven N. Thommesen writes:
> > My point was, it is no longer to be found at NEXT's web site. Glen
needs to
> > update a certain pointer ...
>
>Allright, already!  [grin]  Ken pointed this out a long time ago.
>It's updated in the new swarmdocs-1.0.3, which I've finished about
>half of.  (Yeah, yeah, I didn't do a damn thing over the weekend
>except eat birthday cake and enjoy the company of my S.O.'s
>family.)
>
>The link will be in the new swarmdocs as:
>http://devworld.apple.com/dev/SWTechPubs/Documents/OPENSTEP/ObjectiveC/objc
toc.htm

>which is what Rick suggested.  I wonder about the difference between
>gemma and devworld.  I.e. since devworld is an alias, does that mean
>that they're intending outsiders to use that for link stability? (where
>next month, it could be booga aliased to devworld instead of gemma) Or
>is it an alias so that old links still work?
>
>glen

Well, at the moment it looks like they don't mean for anyone to access
their stuff: my name server can find no DNS entry for 'devworld.apple.com',
and while it finds an entry for 'gemma.apple.com' (17.254.23.20), that
destination is not answering. Pinging it gives a 'host not reachable'
response. Anyone know if this machine is available to non-apples only after
hours ?

Sven