Re: javaswarm - No such file or directory

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: javaswarm - No such file or directory
Date: 27 Mar 2001 16:29:09 -0800

PJ> Last I checked, the FAQ said I always have trouble installing
PJ> swarm anywhere but C, but your mileage may vary!

The FAQ should be changed because that is false.  I install on non-C
drives all the time and I did work to make sure it would.

PJ> The fact that you have to create /tmp by hand is not a sign of
PJ> trouble, at least in the old cygwin days of Swarm. We always had
PJ> to do that. It is for certain bash won't create it for you. It
PJ> seems to me the swarm install does it, maybe MGD will know.

Normally it will map to C:\TEMP or whatever your temp area is.  Doing nothing
but installing Swarm, if you run "mount" you see a line like:

 c:\temp    /tmp  user textmode

If the warning persists do a "umount /tmp", then "mkdir /tmp", then
"mount 'c:\temp' /tmp".