[Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm 2.2 on Intel (and PPC) Mac OSX Tiger

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm 2.2 on Intel (and PPC) Mac OSX Tiger
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:58:41 +1000

On 14/07/2006, at 3:13 AM, Brandon M. Gabler wrote:
In case anyone is interested, the program is available for download at:
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~bgabler/

I have downloaded and built your model with a couple of small mods.
As posted, it will not build with Apple's gcc-4, the compiler you should be using, because it contains nested function definitions. These are strongly deprecated and will soon be disabled for security reasons.

Getting rid of the nested functions, your code builds and runs on my MacBook Pro without problem.

What compiler are you using? Do you have Fink or other nastiness installed? Your problem is looking like some incorrect cctools.

Bill