Re: [Swarm-Support] compile with objective-c++

From: Gennady Telegin
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] compile with objective-c++
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:17:29 +0300

Gennady Telegin wrote:
is it possible to compile Swarm with Objective-C++?
I took a look at this. Basically I just tried your (apparent) approach with heatbugs. That is, to use an ordinary build of Swarm (without Objective C++), but build the simulation itself using the new compiler. There's no real reason this shouldn't work, besides the things we discussed, and no penalty I can think of for not rebuilding Swarm itself using the C++ compiler.

Anyway, I made a handful of changes that at least get me a working heatbugs and mousetrap using:

make OBJC='gcc -x objective-c++'

I fetch head revision from CVS, compile and install, but neither my model nor headbugs don't compile. The error is same.

(an alternative to renaming the files to .mm)

It won't works. First, one must modify $SWARMHOME/etc/swarm/Makefile.rules to this:
.SUFFIXES: .m .mm .xm

.m.o:
$(OBJC) -c $(OBJCFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) $(DLLCPPFLAGS) $(EXTRACPPFLAGS) $(SWARMINCLUDES) $(GNUSTEPLIBINCLUDES) $<
.mm.o:
$(OBJC) -c $(OBJCFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) $(DLLCPPFLAGS) $(EXTRACPPFLAGS) $(SWARMINCLUDES) $(GNUSTEPLIBINCLUDES) $<

# Local Variables:
# mode: makefile
# End: