Re: [Swarm-Support] Leopard and libtool woes

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Leopard and libtool woes
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:24:39 -0600

Keith Fligg wrote:
Undefined symbols:
  "___builtin_avcall", referenced from:
      _objc_call in fcall_objc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
This should be defined in avcall/avcall.o (avcall.c). I would remove the .o files and the libavcall.la (or "make clean") in avcall/ and try again. As far as compilers go, I believe it is necessary on Leopard (but not Tiger) to compile using the FSF compiler, not Apple's. The -fnested-functions thing is a Apple feature, which is why I mention it. I'm not sure about FSF compilers distributed with Fink, but they will probably work.