Re: [Swftools-common] Load on demand example

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Load on demand example
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 09:05:25 +0100

2009/5/2 Jorge <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have an swfc script example for load images or swf files on
> demand. I need that the swf file does not have the images embedded, it need
> that a preloader gets the images or swf when it need, for the generated swf
> file will be lightweight.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jorge Colaccini

Have you actually tried searching the web, Jorge?? ! ;o)

Here's but one walk-through,

http://flashexplained.com/actionscript/loading-external-jpgs-into-your-main-swf-movie/

of many.

Basically, something like this,

loadMovie("1.jpg", "img_container");
..

will acheve what you desire.  Simply pass the jpeg/swf and container names
as string variables.  Should the file happens to be a large one, a preloader may
be a good idea as well.

A simple Command list may be found here,

   http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/

Happy coding!

Regards,

Chris.