texinfo-devel

Re: strange CSS for nocodebreaks

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: strange CSS for nocodebreaks
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:59:35 -0600

    there is a corresponding css style which is

         'span.nocodebreak'   => 'white-space:pre',

    This looks wrong to me.

I don't understand it either.  Does it come from texi2html?
I don't see it in C makeinfo.

    I don't know what should be there instead,

Me either.

    I'd say that in the default case nothing since there is no break in
    HTML anyway.

Is that right?  It seems to me that browsers nowadays break at all kinds
of crazy places even in code, including doing hyphenation.  But maybe
not in <pre>, which is all that's affected here?

thanks,