texinfo-devel

Re: strange CSS for nocodebreaks

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: strange CSS for nocodebreaks
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:26:49 +0200

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 03:59:35PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:

> I don't understand it either.  Does it come from texi2html?

I think so, but from texi2html that was meant to be makeinfo, not from
the independent texi2html.  I think it comes from my reading of the manual
when I tried to have something relevant done with @w{} in texi2html.

>     I'd say that in the default case nothing since there is no break in
>     HTML anyway.
>
> Is that right?  It seems to me that browsers nowadays break at all kinds
> of crazy places even in code, including doing hyphenation.  But maybe
> not in <pre>, which is all that's affected here?

Indeed, firefox breaks at - in code.  To avoid that, "white-space:pre"
indeed works.  I believe that "white-space:nowrap" is actually better.
I'll put that in the TODO.

--
Pat