texinfo-devel

Re: patch for Generic Translator chapter

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: patch for Generic Translator chapter
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:43:57 +0200

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 06:17:55PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

> 1. I messed around with the Pointer Validation node.  Please check that
> what I ended up with is still accurate.  (The way it was before didn't
> make sense to me.)

Indeed, it is much clearer now, and still accurate.

> 2. I think we should explicitly state the default for every cust.var.
> Maybe it would be good to add that to the dump we talked about earlier?
> (Probably not feasible to automatically check, but then at least the
> real default is easily determined.)

I haven't checked that it happens for the 'Other' customization
variables, but it may be possible that different converters have
different defaults.  Also some may be different depending on how the
modules are called, like PACKAGE.

i'll see what I can do nevertheless.

--
Pat