texinfo-devel

Re: patch for Generic Translator chapter

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: patch for Generic Translator chapter
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:47:03 GMT

    I haven't checked that it happens for the 'Other' customization
    variables, but it may be possible that different converters have
    different defaults.  Also some may be different depending on how the
    modules are called, like PACKAGE.

Ok, maybe the default value can't be easily dumped.  That's ok, it was
just a stray thought.  What's important is to include the information in
the manual.

Many of the variables are specifically for HTML.  For those, there
should be no problem stating the default.

For more complicated cases, well, we can decide each on its merits.  But
I found myself quite curious about the defaults reading these
descriptions of what various values meant.  In some cases it was
obvious, in others, not.

    i'll see what I can do nevertheless.

Thanks.

Karl