Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:05:46 -0500

Hi,

Joris van der Hoeven escribió:

[...]
Oh that is a big issue. I haven't yet used TeXmacs again extensively, but this slowness in keyboard response was one of the reasons I turned away about one or two years ago.

Examples, timings?

I have not timings, but something I have experienced is that when the document gets bigger the keyboard typing is quicker that the screen rendering (in that sense TeXmacs is less WYSIWYM, because for few seconds you don't see what you're typing). I think that this is related with the high quality of screen output, but could be this decreased to get a more responsive behavior?

Cheers,

Offray