tiger-devel

[Tiger-devel] [RFC] Diferences between 'empty and set' and 'unset' varia

From: Nicolas François
Subject: [Tiger-devel] [RFC] Diferences between 'empty and set' and 'unset' variables
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:04:37 +0200

Hello,

Here are some patches and comments all related to tests of empty
variables. In some cases, I think a difference can be found between a
variable set to "" and an unset variable.

Comments are welcome.

-- 08_initdefs_haveallvars_allow_empty_vars.patch ----------------------
What should haveallvars do with variables empty but set?

-- 09_check_accounts_allow_empty_admin_accounts.patch ------------------
Allow an empty Tiger_Admin_Accounts variable.

Note: Not very usefull?

BTW, the default value set in check_accounts (root) doesn't correspond
to the definition in tigerrc:
    What accounts are considered administrative (beyond root)
    (likely to not be used by humans, and therefore have impossible
    passwords)
The default value could be the same in both files.

-- 10_check_accounts_allow_empty_dotfiles.patch ------------------------
Allow an empty USERDOTFILES variable.

-- 14_check_listeningprocs_allow_empty_ValidUsers.patch ----------------
-- 16_check_listeningprocs_allow_empty_ValidUsers.patch ----------------
scripts/check_listeningprocs and systems/Linux/2/check_listeningprocs
versions

Allow empty Tiger_Listening_ValidProcs and Tiger_Listening_ValidUsers
variables.

Note: I rather have those variables empty. New daemon run as root should
be reported.

Kind regards,
--
Nekral