tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] [RFC] debian's files

From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] [RFC] debian's files
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:46:01 +0200

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:46:36PM +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> Nicolas François wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I've got a question (Javi seems to be the most suitable to answer):
> >
> >After trying a debian package build, I changed this:
> >
> >  - a dependency on (shellutils, fileutils, textutils) _or_ (coreutils).
> >    (the first ones are now transitionnal packages)
>
> Yes, you are correct, I will add this in the next version. Notice,
> however, that the fileutils/textutils dependancy in Debian (non-stable)
> would probably pull in coreutils anyway...

On second thought, that's not correct. Please see my explanation on debian
bug #207800. The main point is that both fileutils/textutils/coreutils are
'standard' and should not be depended on but I added the dependancy because
it depends on an specific version (IIRC due to a change in Debian's
fileutils's LS behaviour).

Regards

Javi