tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] [RFC] debian's files

From: Nicolas François
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] [RFC] debian's files
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:47:17 +0200

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 03:46:01AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:46:36PM +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> > Nicolas François wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I've got a question (Javi seems to be the most suitable to answer):
> > >
> > >After trying a debian package build, I changed this:
> > >
> > >  - a dependency on (shellutils, fileutils, textutils) _or_ (coreutils).
> > >    (the first ones are now transitionnal packages)
> >
> > Yes, you are correct, I will add this in the next version. Notice,
> > however, that the fileutils/textutils dependancy in Debian (non-stable)
> > would probably pull in coreutils anyway...

Yes, there is no problem with the package installation. I just wanted to
remove the dummy packages.

> On second thought, that's not correct. Please see my explanation on debian
> bug #207800. The main point is that both fileutils/textutils/coreutils are
> 'standard' and should not be depended on but I added the dependancy because
> it depends on an specific version (IIRC due to a change in Debian's
> fileutils's LS behaviour).

Sorry, I hadn't seen the bug report.

I understand now the need for specific versions of shellutils, fileutils
and textutils. But, as coreutils is not available on stable, wouldn't
these dependencies:
  shellutils (>=1.1.14-1) | coreutils, fileutils (>=3.14-1) | coreutils,
  textutils (>=1.20-1) | coreutils
work on stable and unstable?

I take advantage of this mail to submit another patch for the debian
files:
  - Remove the Tru64 and MacOSX directory from /usr/lib/tiger (move to
    tiger-otheros
  - Remove the default value for Tiger_Mail_RCPT from the translated
    chains

Thanks,
--
Nekral