tlf-devel

Re: Documentation Updating

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Documentation Updating
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:16:24 +0100

Seems the ball is rolling :-). Fine.

Having the main documentation distributed with TLf in the main repo
seems sensible.

Regards Ervins idea of an additional repo I would recommend the
existing tlf.github.io for any web page related documents. These
documents are easily rendered as GH pages by github.

While the discussion at the moment goes in the direction of using
markdown I learned that asciidoc is an alternative which has a little
bit more features which may be helpful. It can just as easily converted
to text, PDF files or html pages (and can even be used to produce man
pages :-) ). See for instance the WSJT-X suite - they generate their
whole documentation that way.

Just my 2 c. But anyway, I am fine with both.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea