tlf-devel

Re: Documentation Updating

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: Documentation Updating
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 07:06:09 +0100

Hi all,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 03:12:58PM -0500, Alan Dove wrote:

> Ervin, I can't read a word of Hungarian, but I'll trust that you've
> done fine work there. I don't favor splitting the documentation into a
> separate project.

sorry, parhaps I was misunderstood - I don't want to split the
documentation.

> Let's keep it in the main Github repository and try
> to stick with (or move things into) Markdown for the reasons already
> outlined. I'm fine with keeping the man pages separate from the
> Markdown documentation, as it does make some sense to expect people to
> use the two types of references differently.

sure, this documentation would be good for Tlf as "package".

I thought we can start a new page for beginners. Or as Thomas
mentioned we should replace the page tlf.github.io. As I see it's
a bit outdated.

> My focus so far has been to consolidate as much of the information as
> possible into as few files as seems sensible. I've overhauled the main
> README.md and INSTALL.md, and have now created doc/Manual.md, where
> I've pasted the text from the separate files that used to be in that
> directory. I'll hold off filing a pull request until I've done at least
> one more editing pass through everything.

thanks for clarification, now I see.

Btw, I thought in the presence of such a "large number of
volunteers" :) we can start to make/continue one of my previous
idea.

Btw it's a simple experience: few times I showed Tlf for other
OM's, who used N1MM or other loggers. They didn't understand the
UI, the logic... Then I thought we have to make a friendly page
for these people. I'm not sure the current tlf.github.io, or any
other page is able to presents Tlf from this point.

Hope now it's clear what I suggest :).

73, Ervin