vcdimager-gui-devel

[VCDImager-GUI-devel] Another Windows GUI

From: Fredrik Blom
Subject: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Another Windows GUI
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:14:55 +0200

Hi,

I just wanted to announce another Windows GUI. The idea is to be an XML frontend, which means that the layout of the program reflects the XML quite close (if not in all details). The reason for me doing this in VC++ and not in Java is that I've been working with Java GUIs (and XML) in my "professional" life for the last year and wanted to try it out in windows environment (it was some time ago I worked with Windows GUI, and I've never tried XML-stuff in VC++ before... ) Anyway, this GUI uses XML as it's file format (although the files created by the program defaults to the extension "vcm"), which means that You can read in Your XML-files and go on to work from there... I haven't tried the latest versions of the GNU VCDImager package, sp this GUI was developed with 0.7.7. I will look into the 0.7.10 version today if I get the time; the description Herbert mailed out about gui- and progress options sounds interesting to say the least!

The program makes use of Windows Mediaplayer (I use version 6.4 on my machine) and the Microsoft XML package version 3 (downloadable from the page below if You should need it, it may already be installed).

http://www.algonet.se/~pretzel/VCDComposer/vcdcomposer.html

Any comments are of course highly appreciated, especially when it comes to reasonable default values, suggestions, etc.

Cheers,
Rico