Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:59:42 +0100

Konrad Hinsen writes:

 > Not yet, the virtual folder remains empty, even though I selected
 > "any" and incuded three well-filled mailboxes. But I guess I just got
 > the format for the alist wrong - I'll look at that tomorrow.

Well, I am already lost. I tried the following:

(setq vm-virtual-folder-alist
       `(
         ("virtual-inbox"
          ((,vm-primary-inbox)
           (any)))
         ))

My understanding is that this should create a virtual folder with
exactly the same messages as my inbox (which is on an imap-ssl
account). It does create a virtual folder, but a folder that is always
empty.

If I use V-C from inside VM, I can create such a virtual folder and it
works. So the problem seems to be in the definition of
vm-virtual-folder-alist.

What am I doing wrong?

Konrad.