Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Finding IMAP mailboxes that have new/unread mail
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:22:47 +0000

Konrad Hinsen writes:

> I discovered one inconvenient aspect though: opening a virtual folder
> based on three IMAP folders first opens the three IMAP folders
> individually. I end up having three frames on my screen that I need to
> close one by one. I was planning to have a virtual folder regrouping
> all new messages from about 20 mailing lists, but I don't think that's
> a good idea.

You can configure the frame creation aspects in VM.  See the "Frames and
Windows" section of the VM manual.  I myself have `vm-mutable-frames' set to
nil because I don't like new frames being created willy nilly.  There are
other variables you can use to get finer grained control on frame
configuration.

But I think you are right that opening a virtual folder shouldn't create a
frame for each underlying folder.  I will tweak the code to avoid that.

> It's good to see that VM gets improved IMAP support!

Indeed, IMAP support is my main mission!

If you get the development branch, you will find `vm-list-imap-folders'
vastly improved as well.

Cheers,
Uday