Re: [vile] Accented (and other extended) characters lost when pasting in

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Accented (and other extended) characters lost when pasting into vile, OK otherwise.
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:04:52 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Chris G wrote:

 20080727 (c)
        + fix initialization of XIM in xvile; compose sequences did not work.
          Also make xvile build XIM code for configurations other than Athena,
          by supplying fallback for resource definitions.
          (report/analysis by Fabien Coutant).

(UTF-8 multibyte stuff is for this purpose a "compose sequence")

OK, thanks, I'll upgrade when I can and see if it fixes the problem.

no problem (there's a source-tarball for whatever the most-recent patch
is, in ftp://invisible-island.net/temp)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net