Re: [vile] Is there a way to apply CTRL-Af} to the whole of a file when

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] Is there a way to apply CTRL-Af} to the whole of a file when it's loaded?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:25:35 -0500

james wrote:
 > On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Chris Green wrote:
 >
 > > I'd like to do a sort of CTRL-Af} filter on a file as it's fed into vile
 > > when I reply to an E-Mail using mutt.  This would reformat the long
 > > lines that a few systems produce into nicely formatted paragraphs, using
 > > the filter above means that the '>' quote markers are preserved.

would this work?

in .vilerc:

    store-procedure format-all
        format-til goto-end-of-file
    ~endm

on the command line:
    vi -c 'format-all' filename

i don't know how much of the message mutt lets you edit -- if it includes
the headers, you might want the format procedure to search for an empty
line before doing the reformat.

paul