web-hurd

Re: TODO

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:21:25 -0800

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 03:38:25AM +0100, Zeno Gantner wrote:
> Hello readers of this mailing list,
> as my holiday is still one month, I had some
> thoughts on what to do for the different hurd
> sites and for hurd documentation in general...

I will cheerfully take any help and rewrites that people wish to provide.

> hurd.gnu.org
> ------------

This needs to be the major showcase site for the Hurd.

> hurddocs.org
> ------------

This is a site I tried to create before I realized that I didn't really
have time for it.  All of the documents now appear at hurd.gnu.org, and I
will point hurddocs.org to the documentation section of it soon.

Something I would like (and am hoping to find volunteers for) is to talk
to the folks at the Linux Documentation Project and ask if we can use
their bash-howto, programming-howto, etc. since those are also applicable
to the Hurd.

> hurd.sourceforge.net
> --------------------

I do not know who runs this.

> hurd pages at debian
> (Marcus Brinkmann is the maintainer, I think he has better things to do
> and would be glad to receive some help)

>From our conversations, Marcus would certainly like help.  The Hurd pages
at Debian should be very focused on the Debian part of Hurd and refer
back to hurd.gnu.org for general details.

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.