web-hurd

Re: TODO

From: Frederico S. Muñoz
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:56:58 +0000

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 03:38:25AM +0100, Zeno Gantner wrote:
(..)

> hurd.sourceforge.net
> --------------------
>  - some information about what apps/games/
>    languages already work
>  - some screenshots
>  - some logos / images / icons
>    (they already exist, I have seen them on the
>     web)
(..)

Yes, probably my proposal
(http://fsmunoz.freeshell.org/hurd/index.html)...

But that one is a bit old, in the sense that I've been working on a
new and definitive one that will maintain that new look but with some
added things; I'm also beginning to integrate new information into the
main page and trying to fill with contents all the new topics that we
came up; all in all it will be a new page and it is being activelly
being worked on (I know, I know, I should 'release soon, release
often', but old habits...).

I would give an estimate of about 1/2 weeks the new one (that will be
made in a global manner; my proposal online only deals with the first
page (it was to get feedback), this one will cover every subpage as
well).

After that it will be just a matter of adding new contents, but we are
also thinking of a way of doing that automagically.

BTW, I already have some screenshots available, mostly console (I
really like using screen with a hardstatus bar in the bottom saying
'GNU 0.2' :) ). I will also find a page there to put it in.

Logos, images and icons I'm trying to do, I've done one very simple
but that works well IMHO. The rest in that page will follow the same
simple and sober design, but I'm planning on having a page that looks
interesting graphically to the viewer using a graphical browser *and*
perfectly readable and easy to navigate for the viewer with a text
browser; in this I was greatly rescued by DHTML.

Best Regards,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Muñoz              GNU     http://www.gnu.org