Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 02:03:33 +0200

Hi Michal,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:16:02PM +0200, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> This might be (and probably is) true if one leaves to the library the
> computing of data limits and ticks. If you, however, start to experiment
> with fl_set_xyplot_[xy]bounds and fl_set_xyplot_[xy]ticks, the result
> happens to be different.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for being a bit slow on the
uptake (the only excuse I can claim is that I never have used a
xyplot widget and the source code is a bit of a mess;-). Of course,
you're right, neither of those suggestions work correctly for
the purpose you have in mind.

> So, I would opt for a routine that would get the real axes limits (corners
> coords), no matter how the plot was constructed (bounds, ticks, etc.)

Would you're requirements be satisfied with

void fl_get_xyplot_plotrange( FL_OBJECT * obj,
                                                  FL_COORD  * llx,
                              FL_COORD  * lly,
                              FL_COORD  * urx,
                              FL_COORD  * ury );

where llx and lly are the coordinates of the lower left
hand and urx and ury those of the upper right hand corner
(in pixels relative to the object)? The values are, just
as you proposed, from the xi, yi, xf and yf members of
the FLI_XYPLOT_SPEC structure.

If you are prepared to use the git repository you can
download the new version with this function (and a few
other bug fixes) immediately (modulo docs for the new
function), otherwise you will have to wait until I get
around to upload a new "pre-release" version (hopefully
within the next few days).

                       Best regards, Jens