[XForms] Question via savannah

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] Question via savannah
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:23:15 +0100

Hi Derek,

I just found that you also had written via the savannah
page, additionally asking

> I should add that Xming is quite happy to resize a form
> even though I put a no resize, but that may not be an xforms
> problem.

I think your diagnosis is correct: XForms can just ask for a
window of a certain size (via the XSizeHints) and ask the the
system not to allow resizing (via the XWMHints). If the these
requests aren't honoured (and they are, as the names indicate,
mere "hints") then there's not much that could be done about
it (except, perhaps giving up and telling the user that the
program can't work under these circumstances - but that's
probably a decision better left to the user program). And
my guess is that Xming may not be able to satisfy these re-
quests due to some Windows-specific limitations.

                          Best regards, Jens