xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] hamlib1.1.3
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:19:58 +0200

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:54:06 +0200
Stephane Fillod <address@hidden> wrote:

> Joop,
>
> Would it be possible to bump the debug level of Hamlib in xlog
> to include more traces, so we get a chance to see what happened before
> icom_get_mode and icom_get_freq failed?

Sure!

James, please change line 400 in src/main.c from:
  rig_set_debug(RIG_DEBUG_ERR);
to:
  rig_set_debug(RIG_DEBUG_TRACE);

In case you still have the xlog sources unpacked and configured, just
type 'make', and run src/xlog from your terminal.
Otherwise, you should: './configure --enable-hamlib; make; src/xlog'.

The trace will be quite hefty, because the rig is polled 3 times a second....

> >     With the Smeter option chosen I get the same results.  I am not able to
> > reproduce the scrolling error messages about wrong frame length.
>
> James,
> I'm not sure to understand exactly what you mean by "choosing the Smeter
> option". I suppose it's the xlog option you're talking about.
> Anyway, the Ic706MkII (hamlib model #310) has *no* Smeter support.
> So it shouldn't matter all that much.
>

> Stephane

Thanks,
Joop