xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Serial ports

From: Larry Kirkland
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Serial ports
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:26:30 -0400

Good question!  I have the same problem.
73's
Larry W4LK

Bob Nielsen wrote:

Is it possible to use Xlog with hamlib on a serial port other
than /dev/ttyS0 through /dev/ttyS3?  I have a two-port PCI serial card
which uses /dev/ttyS4 and /dev/ttyS5.

The preferences dialog doesn't allow it and when I tried editing
~/.xlog/preferences.xml to use /dev/ttyS5, Xlog indicated a bunch of
errors with hamlib and didn't display any data from the radio.  Other
apps using hamlib (gMFSK, TLF, grig) don't seem to have a problem with
ttyS5.

Bob N7XY