Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 08:18:47 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Arash,
>> I'm contemplating the possibilities, actually.  If we agree that
>> `TeX-modes' is the best way to control AUCTeX's behavior, fine with me.
>> We should then document it better, `TeX-modes' is currently somewhat
>> underrepresented in the manual, IMO.

> Hmm, I now realized the current document is sparse about it. I wasn't
> aware of that. I hope I can make some addition in a few days (or next
> week?).

>> At any rate, I think we should make a new ELPA release and see what
>> users say about the change.

>> @Tassilo: Can you please change the line:

> Is there any way to notify ELPA AUCTeX users some announcement before
> they attempt to upgrade? It would be preferable to recommend the ELAP
> upgrade procedure as
> 1. Delete ELPA AUCTeX package first, and terminate the emacs session.
> 2. Start fresh emacs session.
> 3. Install ELPA AUCTeX package without doing anything else, and
>    terminate that emacs session.
> 4. Start fresh emacs session and use AUCTeX.

> The reason why I think such treatment is necessary is that the
> fundamental structure of AUCTeX has changed.

Oops, I am a bit busy these days. But tomorrow I might pull and
reinstall auctex. I usually proceed as Keita summaries.

If I find something odd I report back.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.