Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Announcement] Feature branch merged
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 13:53:55 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi all,

>> In other words, new AUCTeX relies on these assumptions:
>> [1] Installation is done with fresh emacs session.
>> [2] Emacs session has undergone the init procedure provided by the new
>>     tex-site.el.
>
> I think we have to document one way or the other in the changes
> section if Tassilo doesn't have an idea how to solve this with
> package.

Sorry, I don't.  I think it can generally happen that a package update
from one version to another one breaks the current emacs session, so
users should be able to deal with that.

What I didn't understand in Keita's recipe is why one should uninstall
and restart emacs before installing the new auctex version.  Is that
really needed because the presence of the old version causes the new
version to be miscompiled?

Bye,
Tassilo