Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 22:20:31 +0200

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> I expect the attached patch basically works.

Thanks for picking this up as well.

> It still has shortcomings:
> 1. It uses single quote to prevent variable expansion of '$dvipdf' in
> the shell command line. However, it doesn't work for windows.

Yes, that wouldn't work on Windows, so we should use something else or
an alternative approach.

> 2. After C-c C-c LaTeXMK, in dvi+dvips case, C-c C-c View offers xdvi,
> not postscript viewer, as default candidate. Similarly, in
> dvi+dvipdfmx case, C-c C-c offers Dvipdfmx, not View, as default
> candidate.

Yes, I can confirm this.  I also tried it with my approach with the same
result: C-c C-c View doesn't work.  I didn't try to find out why,
though.

I have a question: Is putting the "progname='%`%l%(mode)%''" in each
entry necessary?  I slightly changed my initial proposal and it seems to
work as well.  The code looks less complicated to me.  I admit I didn't
test every combination in the code.

Best, Arash