Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 21:25:42 +0900

Hi Arash,

>> 2. After C-c C-c LaTeXMK, in dvi+dvips case, C-c C-c View offers xdvi,
>> not postscript viewer, as default candidate. Similarly, in
>> dvi+dvipdfmx case, C-c C-c offers Dvipdfmx, not View, as default
>> candidate.

> Yes, I can confirm this.  I also tried it with my approach with the same
> result: C-c C-c View doesn't work.  I didn't try to find out why,
> though.

It would need to write a new sentinel for latexmk if we are going to
provide the most suitable candidate in all cases.

> I have a question: Is putting the "progname='%`%l%(mode)%''" in each
> entry necessary?

AUCTeX users can deginate latex binary file names through
`TeX-engine-alist' and `LaTeX-command', which can be different from
standard "latex", "xelatex" and "lualatex".  If we are to support such
non-standard binary names, we need %l.  (However, maybe this isn't much
meaningful because fixed binary names of "latexmk" and "dvipdfmx" after
all in my patch. :-))

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine