Showing Changes for ELPA releases (was: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Showing Changes for ELPA releases (was: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 22:43:27 +0200

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> I've just looked.  It uses a NEWS file but I could also specify an entry
>> :news "CHANGES" so that our CHANGES file is shown there.
>
> Thanks.  I briefly had a look at other ELPA packages and it seems there
> is a variety of options: ASCII files, markdown, org files.  So we could
> install a new file CHANGES.org and use that.

I did some more research on this and like to make this suggestion: We
should add a file called 'CHANGELOG.org' to our repo and mention our
changes there.  I suggest to follow the conventions from 'keep a
changelog'[1]; I think this is a good solution for end users.  I'm
attaching my first 5 minutes draft on this.

Any comments welcome.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://keepachangelog.com/en/1.1.0/