Re: Showing Changes for ELPA releases

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Showing Changes for ELPA releases
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 15:40:13 +0200

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. is there any tools that convert the classical (Emacs) Changelogs
>> to the org style changelos?

> What do you mean by "org style changelogs"?  Nowadays, ChangeLogs are
> generated from the commit messages.  Such a converter wouldn't make
> sense, IMO.

Well you sent a file called CHANGELOG.org
which is an emacs org file and uses org syntax.

For me a Changelog file is a file that I generate with
add-change-log-entry-other-window

And it looks like

        * part9_ecrigidas/p9B-ecrigidas-multi.tex: add a new theorem
          concerning the convergence of......

I sometimes insert changelog entries into log messages via

log-edit-insert-changelog

>> 2. Are there any org tools that simplify the creation of such a
>> Changelog file, a generalization of
>> add-change-log-entry-other-window

> I'm not aware of any.  But that wouldn't help since we're talking about
> user readable ChangeLogs, not commit messages.

I am not talking about commit messages, I am talking about ChangeLogs.
So I still did not understand how you generated that org file.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.