Re: Making AUCTeX ELPA releases from the master branch

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Making AUCTeX ELPA releases from the master branch
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:26:12 +0200

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash,

> Thanks.  I see an issue.  I did:
>
>   • $ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/auctex.git auctex-elpa
>   • $ cd auctex-elpa
>   • $ git switch main
>   • $ make -j8
>   • $ emacs -Q
>   • eval'ed in scratch:
>     (load "~/path/to/auctex-elpa/auctex.el" nil t t)
>     (load "~/path/to/auctex-elpa/preview.el" nil t t)

I think we need to adapt our instructions.  To run straight from the
clone, this seems to work fine:

    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/Repos/el/auctex")
    (load "~/Repos/el/auctex/loaddefs.el" nil t t)

loaddefs.el is the new autoloads file containing all autoloads of the
whole project.  Formerly, there was preview-latex.el with the preview.el
autoloads and auto-loads.el with the autoloads of the remainder of
AUCTeX.

Bye,
Tassilo