Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:50:03 +0900

Hi all,

>> And I like the way the manual is formatted.  Compare this:
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html
>> with this:
>> https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/doc/auctex.html

> Hmm... nice.  FWIW, the elpa rendering is the same as that of

>     https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/index.html

> not sure why https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html is
> not as nice.

The reason must be that the traditional AUCTeX html manuals are
generated with texi2html, not makeinfo.

A while ago, I noticed that the preview-latex html manual lacks its
contents in the FAQ section[1] and am preparing to propose the attached
change to use makeinfo rather than texi2html, so that others can test
it. But it seems it's no longer necessary :-)

[1] all nodes below
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/preview-latex/Frequently-Asked-Questions.html

Regards,
Ikumi Keita