Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:26:01 +0200

>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
> I just wanted to say that I'll have a look about making the build
> succeed in the absence of git or when running it not in a normal git
> clone when I find some spare time.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
> It also occurred to me that the ChangeLog is and has always be "wrong"
> for ELPA releases.  Basically, we generate it by prepending ChangeLog
> entries for all newer commits to ChangeLog.1.  But on the
> externals/auctex branch there have been more commits than on master
> because master was merged into there.  So basically, the generated
> ChangeLog contains entries for the "first-parent" commits of merges
> breaking the chronological order from new to old...

> But before investing time on Uwe's scenario: Stefan, do you know why no
> new devel release has been built so far?

>   https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/auctex.html

> I would imagine that there has to be a new one yesterday.  Did that fail
> somehow, too?

Maybe this is not related, but I receive since yesterday message like
[GNU-devel ELPA] Tarball build failure for auctex

Which seems to indicate that something is not right.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.