Re: [AUCTeX] Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:22:19 +0100

On 14 Jan 2007 at 14:14, Graham Smith wrote:

> Then on advice from Lennart, I installed Emacsw32 over the top of
> this install to give me the added features of EmacsW32.

Uuh, I won't dare to do so. Even if both Emacsen had exactly the same
directory layout, I'd expect that at least the site-files needed some
kind of "merging".

Why don't you try with Emacs+AUCTeX alone? I can confirm it works fine.
What are the added features you are actually missing in Emacs+AUCTeX?
You should try to add just those features to Emacs+AUCTeX (instead of
flooding it with a further package). Or, in turn, install EmacsW32 and
then add AUCTeX.

--
Uwe