Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite comma

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite command with regexp search.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 12:07:22 +0800

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 11:48 AM Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
> ** Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-08-12 11:07:00 +0800]:
>
> >> Do this in the buffer with open document.
>
> > Running "C-x C-e" on the line from within the opened document still
> > give me the following result:
>
> >  (insert "\n"
> >       (format "%S" (symbol-value reftex-docstruct-symbol)))
> > nil
>
> I think it is expectable. As I wrote earlier I had the same result at first
> time so I forced RefTeX to parse buffer (either through menu or appending
> 'C-u' to a keybind). I removed 'reftex-save-parse-info' and have only
>
>   (reftex-enable-partial-scans t)
>   (reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX     t)
>   (reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)
>
> in 'init' file but still one of example (second) gives me 'nil' at first time
> while in the first document I get "big" output. Funny but third example gave
> 'nil' at first but on next run shown big output. I suspect it depends whether
> RefTeX parsed buffer or not. I think it might be related to
> 'reftex-enable-partial-scans' setting. I'll turn these two options off and see
> if it change a thing (my everyday workflow I mean).

Based on further tires, it seems that adding the following two options
in init file can't do trick:

      reftex-enable-partial-scans t
      reftex-save-parse-info t

While the `C-u C-c [' or `Ref -- Parse Document -- Entire Document'
will do the trick. So I use the following RefTeX options in my init
file now:

(setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t
        reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)

Best, Hongyi