Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite comma

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Select and insert multiple bibliography entries into one \cite command with regexp search.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 12:40:24 +0800

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:07 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 11:48 AM Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@yandex.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > ** Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-08-12 11:07:00 +0800]:

> > > Running "C-x C-e" on the line from within the opened document still
> > > give me the following result:
> >
> > >  (insert "\n"
> > >       (format "%S" (symbol-value reftex-docstruct-symbol)))
> > > nil
> >
> > I think it is expectable. As I wrote earlier I had the same result at first
> > time so I forced RefTeX to parse buffer (either through menu or appending
> > 'C-u' to a keybind). I removed 'reftex-save-parse-info' and have only
> >
> >   (reftex-enable-partial-scans t)
> >   (reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX     t)
> >   (reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)
> >
> > in 'init' file but still one of example (second) gives me 'nil' at first
> > time
> > while in the first document I get "big" output.

What do you mean by saying ``"big" output''? The original description
given by Arash is as follows:

(bib "z:/path/to/test-bib-file.bib")

> > Funny but third example gave
> > 'nil' at first but on next run shown big output. I suspect it depends
> > whether
> > RefTeX parsed buffer or not. I think it might be related to
> > 'reftex-enable-partial-scans' setting. I'll turn these two options off and
> > see
> > if it change a thing (my everyday workflow I mean).
>
> Based on further tires, it seems that adding the following two options
> in init file can't do trick:
>
>       reftex-enable-partial-scans t
>       reftex-save-parse-info t
>
> While the `C-u C-c [' or `Ref -- Parse Document -- Entire Document'
> will do the trick. So I use the following RefTeX options in my init
> file now:
>
> (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t
>         reftex-use-multiple-selection-buffers t)

But even so, I still can't see the similar result given by Arash as follows:

(bib "z:/path/to/test-bib-file.bib")

See the following result of mine generated by `C-x C-e' on the lisp
code line of the TeX document:

------------------------------------
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{natbib}
\bibliography{\string~/Documents/bibliograph/better-bibtex/references-bibtex.bib}

\begin{document}

\cite{weiFirstprinciplesCharacterizationBibased2009}

\begin{verbatim}
 (insert "\n"
      (format "%S" (symbol-value reftex-docstruct-symbol)))
((xr nil "\\\\\\\\\\\\") (index-tags) (is-multi nil) (bibview-cache)
(master-dir . "/home/werner/Desktop/work/emacs-auctex/reftex-docstruct-symbol/")
(label-numbers) (bof
"/home/werner/Desktop/work/emacs-auctex/reftex-docstruct-symbol/reftex-docstruct-symbol.tex")
(eof
"/home/werner/Desktop/work/emacs-auctex/reftex-docstruct-symbol/reftex-docstruct-symbol.tex"))
\end{verbatim}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex