Re: make bootstrap fails.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails.
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:27:48 -0600 (CST)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   Before making big changes like this, let's check with the OP whether
   this is really the problem.

Actuallly, what is strange in the case of the OP is that he got an
error message saying that src did not exist.  That is strange, because
at least the version of bash I am using (bash2.05b.0) always
_implicitly_ adds a colon at the _end_ of CDPATH by trying out the
current directory if nothing else worked.  That is, you can wind up in
the wrong src, as in the example I gave, but otherwise ./src should
be found.  Maybe CDPATH caused the OP to start bootstrapping in the
wrong "emacs" directory to begin with.

Sincerely,

Luc.