Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)
Date: 14 Jun 2004 15:19:03 -0500

> That is the reason for my decision that we will not use a web-based
> system to hold data about Emacs development.

[Note: I'm talking about a bug tracker now.]

Would it be okay to have a system where the bug "database" (which
might be some sort of structured text file) is stored in the CVS tree,
and the interface to the database is via Emacs itself?

(This wouldn't include email access... But on the other hand many of
us read email in Emacs anyway, so manually integrating information
from email into that database wouldn't be so hard.)

Would such a system meet your constraints?

-Karl