Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:58:35 -0400

    Would it be okay to have a system where the bug "database" (which
    might be some sort of structured text file) is stored in the CVS tree,
    and the interface to the database is via Emacs itself?

I am not sure whether this would be practical for me.
It depends on the size of the data.
I only sometimes have good enough connection that I can do
a cvs update on Emacs.  However, if the bulk of data is much smaller,
so I could update it in a couple of minutes on a phone line,
that would be practical everywhere.