Re: next-error-last-buffer

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: next-error-last-buffer
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:38:05 -0400

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> So the coming release needs a manual updated for the current
> state of the functionality.

I am attaching the simple.el and building.texi patches that add the
explanations needed for the new state of things.

I believe that from the user's viewpoint the building.texi
modifications are all that's needed right now, except that maybe the
Occur documentation should be modified to indicate it can use
next-error.  I made a small mention of the next-error functionality.
I am attaching a trivial patch of search.texi in addition to the two
above.

I made other changes based on a note from Juri Linkov and Jason
Rumney.  Now, next-error and all associated interactive functions
don't require an argument.  I *think* this gives us the right effect
(it did for me) but please test it if you can.

If this patch is OK I can add the ChangeLog entries appropriate.

Ted