Re: more on anything.el inclusion

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: more on anything.el inclusion
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:48:38 -0500

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:43:37 -0400 Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:

DN> So are you saying that instead of using M-x SOMETHING one would use
DN> M-x anything-SOMETHING?

DN> Normally users don't do M-x find-file, they to C-x C-f, so if you do
DN> C-x C-f do you get M-x anything-find-file ? (and similar for other
DN> key bindings)

anything.el does not change or interfere with the normal completion
system.  IMHO this is a good thing: it has allowed anything.el to
experiment freely and has made it a simple unobtrusive add-on.

DN> As a user, if the package does not quite tell me why would I want to
DN> try it, I won't do it.  That's why I am asking from some simple, easy
DN> to understand, significant examples.

How about

"anything.el: easy find/select/operate on files/fonts/anything interface.

A live-search (similar to Quicksilver and Gnome Do) alternative to
standard completion mechanisms you can try by exploring the anything-*
commands.  Does not change or interfere with standard completion and
requires no customizations out of the box."