RE: Changes for emacs 28

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 09:15:58 -0700 (PDT)

> and these options would be written in their .emacs file.

Just a nit about this part.

I really think we should get away from having Emacs
fiddle with users' init files.

For Customize, we should encourage use of `custom-file'.

For other, similar things (such as what you suggest),
we should similarly provide for Emacs to record
<whatever> in a file other than the init file.

An init file should be pretty much reserved for users.
Emacs and its libraries should try to stay away from it.
___

[For some reason, when I do `Reply All' for your
messages emacs-devel is not in the To or CC list.
Had to send this again, adding emacs-devel explicitly.]