Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:58:34 -0700

Almost as courageous as Lars' request to change line-length limits
(hopefully not quite as controversial)

Perhaps it's time we opened up some additional keymaps so that we can
experiment with  keybindings without causing too much trouble for
long-term users.

Proposal:

1. C-z as a prefix --- at present c-z   runs suspend-frame under X, and
   suspends Emacs on the console.

   Perhaps turn C-z into a new prefix key, and bind the above commands
   to C-z z -- that gives us a whole new keymap to play with for the
   future.

   2. F2 is currently taken up by 2c (2column support) and perhaps it's
      time to recover that key, I suspect 2c is not as heavily used to
      justify a common key like F2, and it would still have C-x6
      dedicated to it if we take F2 away from it.

--

Thanks,

--Raman
?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8