Re: [External] : Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:56:34 +0100

>> It is to bind C-= to the existing "repeat" command, which is already in
>
> FWIW, I agree that `repeat` deserves a single-key bindings.
> But I don't think `C-=` can be it, and I don't have a counter-offer.
>
> This said, I expect that all modal layers (viper, evil, god-mode, ...)
> satisfy this desire.  That's one of the benefits of a modal structure:
> it gives you more keys to bind ;-)

I comment this in passing, just in case it is useful to someone:
key-chord.el opens lots of possibilities. For instance, I've just bound
,w to other-window:

(key-chord-define-global ",w" 'other-window)

With a bit of tinkering it could be expanded to use just one character
for repeating the command: ,w , , , ... or reversing: ,w w w w ... but
on this specific case ,w is good enough for my usage.

key-chord.el is great for avoiding RSI and for invoking commands really
fast.